Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Need to Export Users and Groups with permissions on CQ 5.4

Former Community Member

Hello All,

Hope you all are doing great. I need to Export Users and Groups along with permissions from one CQ 5.4 to another CQ 5.4 author.

Could you please tell me any way to achieve this?

Thanks & Regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

You should be able to use the Package Manager to create a content package to export your users from under /home/users and apply to the other author environment. Note that the rights to the content is (should) be based on groups, and the reference is from group to user. So you might have to add your users manually to the groups or export the groups also. Then the ACL information of the content nodes needs to be exported from the primary author also.

/Ove

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 6

You should be able to use the Package Manager to create a content package to export your users from under /home/users and apply to the other author environment. Note that the rights to the content is (should) be based on groups, and the reference is from group to user. So you might have to add your users manually to the groups or export the groups also. Then the ACL information of the content nodes needs to be exported from the primary author also.

/Ove