Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Naming convention for Experience Fragments Title and also it's variations

Level 2

Is there any specific naming convention which has to be followed for experience fragments title and for its variations.

Since its a cq:page type, if title needs to be used as name as well it would be checked with JCRUtils class. Apart from that anything else?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Additional to the what @BrianKasingli mentioned, one point you need to consider while naming is AEM Target integration. If you plan to export XFs to Target as offers, the name of the XF variations are the names of the offers. So keep that aligned as well.

Most of the time, variation namings are done based on the context of where they are going to be used. Forecast it and then arrive into a general convention. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @shyams67489715 

There is no specific naming conventions for titles. Only thing we have to take care while creating components or nodes is the node naming convention. Read it here https://jackrabbit.apache.org/archive/wiki/JCR/NodeNamingConventions_115513460.html 

Thanks

Veena

Community Advisor

@shyams67489715,

There is no such naming convention that is enforced for experience fragments.

I recommend creating your own naming convention for the experience fragment's structure folder names, folder-title and folder-node-name, in a strategic way because it will definitely help the content stay organised in the long run.

For example:

• /content/experience-fragments/my-site/structure/* - this folder contains experience fragements that defines some of the structure HTML blocks that constructs your webpage.
  • /content/experience-fragments/my-site/static/editorial/* - this folder contains XF of re-usable content.
  • /content/experience-fragments/my-site/static/promotion/* - this folder contains XF of re-usable promotion content/.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Additional to the what @BrianKasingli mentioned, one point you need to consider while naming is AEM Target integration. If you plan to export XFs to Target as offers, the name of the XF variations are the names of the offers. So keep that aligned as well.

Most of the time, variation namings are done based on the context of where they are going to be used. Forecast it and then arrive into a general convention.