Your achievements

Level 1

0% to

Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

View all

Sign in to view all badges

My Targeting Configured Components are not displayed Viewing as Published

caio_moreira
Level 2
Level 2

Hello everyone,

When I configure Targeting on a component its content is not being viewed as published. I am using AEM 6.5.

I have an experiment fragment and text component with Targeting set up:evidence1.PNG

When I see the page as published, it presents the following error:

evidence2.PNG

[AT: Rendering mbox failed target-global-mbox : {status: "error", error: "unknown client code: ifactsolamericasptrsd"}]

This is my client code and I used it in my Cloud Service Target configuration:

evidence3.PNG

Does anyone have a similar problem?

Do you think there is any configuration that I did not do?

Thanks,

Regards

11 Replies
jbrar
Employee
Employee

Can you check if you have applied the target configuration to the site?

Screen Shot 2019-09-20 at 10.46.14 AM.png

Also, check if you have published the target configuration to publish instance.

caio_moreira
Level 2
Level 2

Hello, thanks for replying.

I applied Target as Cloud Service Configuration to the root of the site. And also for my experiences fragments.

About the experience fragments I'm using in targeting at page, they are published and exported to my Target instance. But they were exported as HTML Offer (I expected them to be exported as Experience Fragments Type, but I believe this is not the cause of the problem).

evidence4.PNG

My problem still persists, do you believe that may be what I show you? Do you know why my experience fragments were exported as HTML Offer and not as Experience Fragment?

Thanks you for your support,

Regards

berliant
Employee
Employee

It seems that you are using new IMS to Target connection. The reason that XF exported as an HTML is a known limitation of the current implementation of IMS->Adobe IO -> Target connection. In order to be able to export to Target as XF you need to use an old (deprecated) way by employing a Target Classic account.

caio_moreira
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Berliant.

Thank you for your support.

I was able to solve the problems of Experience Fragment being exported as HTML Offer requesting access for credential integration. However, my initial problem persists, the contents of my configured targeting components don't appear when I see the page as published, even though there are no errors in the console.

Now my exported activity is from Adobe Experience Manager source (correctly) and my AEM exported fragments are Experience Fragments type in Target (correctly). As you can see below:

evidence1.PNG

evidence2.PNG

But my content is not yet displayed when I view it as published...

evidence3.PNG

evidence4.PNG

Does anyone have a similar problem, berliant​ ?

Thanks,

Regards

berliant
Employee
Employee

When exporting XF to a Target, you need to configure  AEM Externalizer at /system/console/configMgr/com.day.cq.commons.impl.ExternalizerImpl

Exported XF will reside on AEM Publish and it has to be accessible via a correct URL

sunjot16
Employee
Employee

If you go to http://<host>:<port>/system/console/components on your publish, try stopping/starting the TargetedContentMangerImpl component manually.

josuev40522873
Level 2
Level 2

Hello caio.moreira

I wonder if you can please help me:

1. How do you fix the specific issue with the clientcode error?

2. Were you able to fix the issue with the published version of the page?

Thanks in advance,

nicolec5631060
Level 2
Level 2

Is anyone else facing similar issue? I am on aem 6.5 and i do not see the targeted result. I am using the IMS approach

Rishi_Bhargava
Level 1
Level 1

AT: Rendering mbox failed target-global-mbox

 

Object { status: "error", error: "unknown client code: adobeapac37" }

I am using AEM + Target + IMS + IO with AEM 6.5.3

Rishi_Bhargava
Level 1
Level 1

As workaround:

 

On your publish instance:

https://XXXXXX.adobedemo.com/crx/de/index.jsp#/etc/cloudservices/testandtarget/<target-cloud-config-...

and changed client code from <the one entered in Target IMS config, found from Target URL> to <classic client code found on Target's implementation page> and it started working well.

 

If you do the same on Authoring instance, then you XF export to Target will fail, but rest will work fine. You can always revert to old client code in order to export XF to Target from AEM Authoring.

Rishi_Bhargava
Level 1
Level 1

As workaround, on your publish instance:

https://XXXXXX.adobedemo.com/crx/de/index.jsp#/etc/cloudservices/testandtarget/<target-cloud-config-...

and changed client code from <the one entered in Target IMS config, found from Target URL> to <classic client code found on Target's implementation page> and it started working well.

If you do the same on Authoring instance, then you XF export to Target will fail, but rest will work fine. You can always revert to old client code in order to export XF to Target from AEM Authoring.