Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Multifield validation

Level 5

Hello - I have a composite multifield which has the below fields. Based on the checkbox selection (If I uncheck), I am making the Product URL field as mandatory which has all the required elements ( aria-required="true"). If I don't select the URL/Type the URL, it is still letting me to submit the dialog which shouldn't happen. But if I enter a space, it is showing as mandatory. is there any way to handle this ?

v1101_0-1612229860020.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@v1101 

Try the below snippet.

$(document).on("change", ".aciveproduct", function(e) {
    if($(this).prop("checked")) {
        $(this).closest(".coral3-Multifield-item").find("foundation-autocomplete").removeAttr("required");
    } else {
        $(this).closest(".coral3-Multifield-item").find("foundation-autocomplete").attr("required", "required");
    }
});

Hope this works. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Do you have a jquery you have written to handle the same ? I doubt there is something wrong with the logic you have written to make the fields mandatory.

Level 5
PFB $(document).on("change", ".aciveproduct", function (e) { $(this).parent().find('.coral-InputGroup .coral3-Textfield.coral-InputGroup-input').attr("aria-required", "true"); testproduct($(this)); }); function testproduct(el) { var checkBoxLength = $(".aciveproduct").filter(':checked').length; $('.currentpage').each(function (i, element) { if (checkBoxLength > 0) { if ($(element).attr("type") === "checkbox") { if ($(element).prop('checked')) { $(element).parent().find('.coral-InputGroup .coral3-Textfield.coral-InputGroup-input').attr("aria-required", "false"); } } } else { $(element).parent().find('.coral-InputGroup .coral3-Textfield.coral-InputGroup-input').attr("aria-required", "true"); } }) }

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@v1101 

Try the below snippet.

$(document).on("change", ".aciveproduct", function(e) {
    if($(this).prop("checked")) {
        $(this).closest(".coral3-Multifield-item").find("foundation-autocomplete").removeAttr("required");
    } else {
        $(this).closest(".coral3-Multifield-item").find("foundation-autocomplete").attr("required", "required");
    }
});

Hope this works. 

Level 5
@Anudeep_Garnepudi - The aria-required attribute is applied when I change the checkbox option but it is letting me to submit the dialog with no data in it. If I hit a space on the textfield, then it is not letting me to submit the dialog saying that it is a required field.