Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

MSM | Rollout 2 languages into one

Level 3

Hello Experts,

We have a scenario where customer wants to roll out 2 different language under 1 parent for example, there are 2 language copy "en" and "fr". Both of these language copies is needed to be rolled out to "/content/abc/us/en". Is there any issue doing so? or any solution to achieve this?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

That requirement feels quite strange and in my opinion it points to a problem in your content architecture.

In AEM languages are normally organized in sibling folders which helps you to build navigation and ease the permission model.

Also the MSM is not designed to rollout 2 blueprints into a single folder. While it might work on the first rollout, please  check the behavior when it comes to duplicate page names and changes there. I would even go that far and say that this scenario is not supported, because it deviates quite a lot from the documentation.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @anika_agarwal 

You can rollout the language copies to "/content/website/us/en" and "/content/website/us/fr". That's a valid scenario. 

Thanks

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

That requirement feels quite strange and in my opinion it points to a problem in your content architecture.

In AEM languages are normally organized in sibling folders which helps you to build navigation and ease the permission model.

Also the MSM is not designed to rollout 2 blueprints into a single folder. While it might work on the first rollout, please  check the behavior when it comes to duplicate page names and changes there. I would even go that far and say that this scenario is not supported, because it deviates quite a lot from the documentation.