Expand my Community achievements bar.

MSM ghost nodes seen in publisher

Level 2

Hi Team,

We are seeing  ghost nodes on the publish instances of our site. According to what I read on the community docs, ghost nodes are needed on the author for re-enabling inheritance. But we are able to see this node on the publisher url's as well, as multiple empty div's <div class="ghost section">
</div>. 

Issue with wcm/msm/components/ghost

This article explains that we can write a custom implementation for the layout container to not render the ghost resources. But we are seeing this issue on static templates as well. This is hindering our UI functionality. 

Could you please suggest a solution to get rid of such nodes from publishers and the actual reason behind such occurrences?

Regards,

Nikitha

4 Replies

Level 2

Hi @Siva_Sogalapalli ,

This is the same article that I have mentioned. This article explains that we can write a custom implementation for the layout container to not render the ghost resources. But we are seeing this issue on static templates as well.

Regards,

Nikitha

Community Advisor

Hi,

Overwrite /libs/wcm/msm/components/ghost/ghost.jsp and empty the file or add edit mode condition to only render on author, then it will not render on publisher

Level 2

Hi @Ravi_Pampana ,

I have tried this as well. The edit condition is already present to add the placeholder when in edit mode. The ghost div  <div class="ghost section"></div> is apparently not getting added from /libs/wcm/msm/components/ghost/ghost.jsp. It is coming up even if I override it and empty the jsp file.