Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Moving a page to rename, but AEM reverts the name back to original

Level 1

I am trying to rename a page by using the move function and changing the 'name' field. When I change the name, click 'Next', the 'Move' button is greyed out. 

When I click back, the name still appears as changed. But I am unable to proceed. 

I tested moving the page to another location and the name didn't change. 

How do I fix this issue? I've renamed pages using this method before with no issues. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

@pduncan please confirm the AEM version you are using.

When you try to move a AEM page , the move button will be disabled if the path does not allow the template of the page you are moving to be a child of the page under which you are moving. You would face this issue even if you are moving under the same parent path, if the allowed templates definition of the parent page was changed after the child page was initially created. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

@pduncan,

Do you have any custom Workflow launchers enabled? or services like JCR listeners enabled? Maybe automated tasks are adding strange behaviours when pages are renamed, within your AEM instance.

Can you replicate this in a fresh AEM instance on startup, with sample content? let's try to understand if this is the AEM product, or your custom code itself. 

Employee

There were few known bugs with page move/rename feature.

The issues are now resolved in 6.4.8 and 6.5.4. Make sure you test with the latest service packs.

Regards,

Vishu

Correct answer by
Level 5

@pduncan please confirm the AEM version you are using.

When you try to move a AEM page , the move button will be disabled if the path does not allow the template of the page you are moving to be a child of the page under which you are moving. You would face this issue even if you are moving under the same parent path, if the allowed templates definition of the parent page was changed after the child page was initially created.