Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Mod rewrite examples for the img=src

Community Advisor

Hi Team,

This is first time I am dealing with the shortening URLs or resolving URLs etc.

I am planning to shortening the img =src URLS , Please guide me with few examples how to do it.

Thanks In Advance

Uma

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Uma,

Please have a look at below guides that tells you how to create a custom link rewriter[1][2]

[1] AEM 6- Create custom Link Rewriter (Pipeline)

[2] Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating a Link Rewriter for Adobe Experience Manager

Regards,

Peter

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi Uma,

Sorry not sure, why you mention Mod rewrite, as it's Apache system that handles input of url's assume you need help with Publisher Java code that shortens url's for Dispatcher:

Publisher code depends, on how many links you want to shorten and in which way.(Depending on volume and complexity it might be OOTB or totally custom)

You get LinkChecker system that you can use to change any xml(html) attribute name as you desire which is really nice as it relies on core java lib.(means it's fast).

OOTB mapping logic is good too right?

Regards,

Peter

Community Advisor

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the reply , I am ok with either solution.

I am hearing so many solutions like mod-rewrite and link transformations and etc etc but not getting exact answer for me.

If you don't mind can you please guide me how to achieve by using the link checker.

That would be great.

Thanks

Uma

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Uma,

Please have a look at below guides that tells you how to create a custom link rewriter[1][2]

[1] AEM 6- Create custom Link Rewriter (Pipeline)

[2] Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating a Link Rewriter for Adobe Experience Manager

Regards,

Peter