Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Mobile application development using PhoneGap/Cordova in AEM CQ5 5.6.1

Level 1

Does AEM CQ 5.6.1 version supports mobile apps development. I have seen some documentation on using PhoneGap with AEM 6+ version for Mobile App development. But wanted to know , if we can do mobile app development with  AEM CQ 5.6.1 version.

I really appreciate any direction or help for this topic.

Thanks.

Aesha

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

Anthony.R wrote...

AEM Apps, as it it called now, was originally introduced as a feature pack in AEM 6.0 and is available as part of AEM 6.1.

Thank you Anthony.

Regards,

Aesha Shah.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 3
AEM Apps, as it it called now, was originally introduced as a feature pack in AEM 6.0 and is available as part of AEM 6.1.

Level 10

There was only option of developing mobile sites in AEM 5.6.1 . Integration with Phonegap app got introduced in 6.0 and integrated in 6.1 as Anthony mentioned

Correct answer by
Level 1

Anthony.R wrote...

Thank you Anthony.

Regards,

Aesha Shah.

Level 1

Hi,

We have our desktop and mobile site (responsive) developed using Adobe CQ 5.6.1 . We would like to use the existing developed web application and  package it ( reuse it ) as mobile app that can work on ios and android platform. I was looking for PhoneGap/Cordova for this , but it seems 5.6.1 does not have support for it.

Can someone suggest good options to achieve this.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Aesha Shah.

Level 10

Raise a support ticket with Adobe and see if they have any hotfix for this phonegap app to install/support 5.6.1 similar to sightly

Level 1

Thanks Lokesh for the quick reply.

Also , wanted to explore about upgrading versions for CQ from 5.6.1 to 6.0, is this an easy and clean procedure or it can become little complex. Do you have any suggestions or experience for upgrading CQ versions.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Aesha Shah.