Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Missing Pages in Live Copy

Level 4

Hi Everyone,

I am creating a copy on activation. In my use case I will be activating hundreds of pages at go.

On activation copies are created, but some of the pages are missing. The pages that are missing are similar to the other ones, they don't carry any special content as well. 

I am using AEM 5.6, are there any hot fixes I have to install ? Or any issue with the process ?

Thanks & Regards,

Krishna

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Krishna,

Thanks for reaching out to Adobe Community.

Moving pages in a blueprint will NOT result in corresponding pages being moved in live copies, after rollout with standard rollout config

• Reason for this behavior is that a page move implicitly includes a page delete, which may lead to unexpected behavior on publish as deleting pages on author automatically deactivates corresponding content on publish. 

See if this doc helps:

http://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-1/administer/sites/msm/msm-bp.html#Moving, creating, deleting pages and rollouts

Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Krishna,

Thanks for reaching out to Adobe Community.

Moving pages in a blueprint will NOT result in corresponding pages being moved in live copies, after rollout with standard rollout config

• Reason for this behavior is that a page move implicitly includes a page delete, which may lead to unexpected behavior on publish as deleting pages on author automatically deactivates corresponding content on publish. 

See if this doc helps:

http://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-1/administer/sites/msm/msm-bp.html#Moving, creating, deleting pages and rollouts

Thanks!

Level 4

Hi Shekar,

Thanks for the reply.

Actually I am not moving any pages.

Once I activate a page the live copy should be created. I may have more than hundred pages activated sequentially at a go. After the activation I see that 80% of the live copies created  and remaining 20% copy pages were missing (which are random )  and these pages have no major differences with the other pages. 

Not sure what is the issue.

Regards,

Krishna