Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Migrate vignette content to AEM 6.4

Level 2

Dear All,

We have one requirement to migrate Vignette content to AEM 6.4.

Can we export Vignette content in CSV format (not sure on this) and using asset importer we can import CSV files to AEM ?

Also can we achieve below ?

1. Will asset importer allow us to import Content Fragments in AEM?
  2. Can we automate the creation of pages if we create one page per Content Fragment using the same template?

Thanks & Regards

Sunita

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Technically the migration of single entities (pages, CFs, assets) should not be a problem, because you can use an ETL approach and transform the exported data into a content-package format (or something else) and then import it into AEM. That's probably not the biggest issue, and can be automated

I see rather a problem with the structure of the content. AEM requires you to create a tree structure for your content, and this structure should never be arbitrary, but rather it should be considered and designed carefully.

In my opinion this is the hardest part.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Technically the migration of single entities (pages, CFs, assets) should not be a problem, because you can use an ETL approach and transform the exported data into a content-package format (or something else) and then import it into AEM. That's probably not the biggest issue, and can be automated

I see rather a problem with the structure of the content. AEM requires you to create a tree structure for your content, and this structure should never be arbitrary, but rather it should be considered and designed carefully.

In my opinion this is the hardest part.