Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Measure Time For Asset Uploading in AEM DAM

Level 4

Dear All,

We need to upload around 10 GB assets to our project DAM (content/dam/sunitaproject) in AEM.

My requirement here is to measure the time for uploading 10 GB assets

I am following the below Assets Performance Guide and trying to understand how to measure the time while uploading 10 GB assets in AEM DAM.

https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/experience-manager-65/deploying/configuring/assets-performanc...

Can anybody help me , how can I do in AEM "or" how can I do in AEM below steps.

Standardized asset processing tests - Ingest a small number of example assets and measure the time. This should include external workflow integration.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hey Dipu,

1. Make sure you have all your workflows you will  need created and enabled.

2. Upload 100mb(can be more) of assets and measure time it will take for your instance to process them.

Check the time start = when you start your upload, end = when all the workflows have finished running in your instance.

This will give you an idea how long it takes to process 100mb of assets, then you can multiply the time with the time of your total assets.

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Peter

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hey Dipu,

2. Upload 100mb(can be more) of assets and measure time it will take for your instance to process them.

Check the time start = when you start your upload, end = when all the workflows have finished running in your instance.

This will give you an idea how long it takes to process 100mb of assets, then you can multiply the time with the time of your total assets.

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Peter

Level 4

To upload asset in AEM DAM do we need to change DAM Asset Upload workflow ? "or" do we need to update any workflow?

Sunita - This is manual calculation. Do we have any automated report in AEM which will show the time measure ?

Community Advisor
1. That depends on your requirements. If you got no workflow's it even simpler for you. 2. I do not think AEM would have such report for you, but you can craft such yourself in few hours.

Level 4

To upload asset in AEM DAM do we need to change DAM Asset Upload workflow ? "or" do we need to update any workflow?

Sunita - This is manual calculation. Do we have any automated report in AEM which will show the time measure ?

Employee Advisor

With "measuring time to upload" you mean the time it takes to get the file from your local machine to the AEM DAM, is that correct? I am asking because the others in this thread are already talking about "workflows", and from my opinion the workflow is just starting then the complete asset has been uploaded to AEM and is fully available within the repository.

Can you clarifiy that?

Jörg

Level 4

Hi Jörg,

Thanks for asking me the question which I am exactly looking for.

Please see my response in below.

With "measuring time to upload" you mean the time it takes to get the file from your local machine to the AEM DAM, is that correct?

MyResponse - Yes , I am looking for exactly this one. Can you please help me if in AEM any report "or" any automation we can do. I can see in error.log the timing and do the manual calculation. But I am looking for some automation / report.

I am asking because the others in this thread are already talking about "workflows", and from my opinion the workflow is just starting then the complete asset has been uploaded to AEM and is fully available within the repository.

MyResponse - Yes , that is also my thinking.

Employee Advisor
The time it takes to upload the binary to AEM is typically recorded in the access.log of AEM/dispatcher in front of the authoring instances. You can also check the request.log for the respective numbers. But I am not aware of any way that this number is recorded. The number is not really actionable, because it depends too much on the network bandwidth between the desktop and AEM.