Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Max number of users in CQ Publisher

Level 2

Hi ,

We are planning to have a CQ publisher around 65k users & around thousand groups. WIll there be any performance issues & do we have any limit on number of users you can have in publisher.

Regards

Guru

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

I agree with bsloki here that this shouldn't be an issue. You will, however, want to ensure you are using AEM 6.0 or higher and Oak. WIth Jackrabbit/CRX 2, such scale was possible, but you do need to do some extra configuration if you have groups with thousands of members. Your post didn't call this out specifically, but if you have tens of thousands of users, odds are you have some big groups smiley

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

I agree with bsloki here that this shouldn't be an issue. You will, however, want to ensure you are using AEM 6.0 or higher and Oak. WIth Jackrabbit/CRX 2, such scale was possible, but you do need to do some extra configuration if you have groups with thousands of members. Your post didn't call this out specifically, but if you have tens of thousands of users, odds are you have some big groups smiley

Level 10

There is no restriction as such. But if you have your users already outside, you can also have your own external login module for authentication and authorization

Level 2

If we use external login module still we will have to create the users in AEM or can we do away with that?

Regards

Guru

Level 2

Thanks for you reply. We are using CQ 6.1.

Employee

guruprasadg24550660 wrote...

If we use external login module still we will have to create the users in AEM or can we do away with that?

In practice, yes. The External Login Module will basically handle this for you.