Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Make pages recognize the new location of assets

Level 2

I am in the process of updating the file structure on our 6.5 DAM. When I've moved a folder of assets to a new place in the DAM, the links to those assets from published pages get broken. Is there a way to move the assets and get the published pages to refer to the new location?

I'm open to all ideas. Thank You!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@MarkECis References of assets wont be updated in page automatically. You have to write script to update content wherever old asset path is referred. You have to be cautious as asset path might be available in Richtext as well, handling update of it would be tricky. 
Also you have to update collections, related assets link in case those are available. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello, @MarkECis you need to run scripts/use groovy script/ACS commons on-deploy script to find out the asset references and update them accordingly as well when you're restructuring your dam assets

Thanks

- Bilal

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@MarkECis References of assets wont be updated in page automatically. You have to write script to update content wherever old asset path is referred. You have to be cautious as asset path might be available in Richtext as well, handling update of it would be tricky. 
Also you have to update collections, related assets link in case those are available.