Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Login error when running pre-upgrade tasks

Level 5

Hello,

I'm trying to run the 'detectUsageOfUnavailableAPI' operation of PreUpgradeTasks Mbean on AEM 6.3 but get the following error when doing so:

com.adobe.aem.upgrade.prechecks.mbean.impl.PreUpgradeTasksMBeanImpl Cannot login into repository:

org.apache.sling.api.resource.LoginException: Cannot derive user name for bundle com.day.cq.pre-upgrade-tasks [146] and sub service null

Does anyone know why this is so? Any user that needs to be configured before running these tasks?

Thanks.

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

Usually, this error is observed when the service user mapping is missing to the pre-upgrade bundle. Can you add the mapping as per below and check if you still get the same issue?

Screen Shot 2019-09-25 at 7.35.32 AM.png

Level 5

Thanks for the reply. But I'm still getting the same error even after this change.

Employee Advisor

Can you go to <host>:<port>/useradmin and check if "preupgrade-service" is an actual service user in AEM?