Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

JPEG and PNG to WebP and AVIF

Level 7

Hi team,

I have a requirement to reduce the size of DAM images. So I'm trying to achieve it by converting JPEG and PNG to WebP and AVIF. It is really appreciating if you guys can guide me to achieve this ?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Community Advisor

I have not tried it but you can trying updating the rendition step

if doesn't work then you need to add a process step which is java code.

Arun Patidar
9 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

AEM core components support webp https://github.com/adobe/aem-core-wcm-components/issues/2028 

Dynamic Media also supports webP

Arun Patidar

Level 7

@arunpatidar You meant that  /apps/core/wcm/components/image/v1/image ?

I'm trying an implementation something like when user is uploading an image into DAM It will convert into Webp and save it inside DAM. This can be related to given link ?

Level 7

Hi @arunpatidar Thanks for replying 

Can it be achieved by a process on update assets workflow only ? No need any custom java code ?

Community Advisor

I have not tried it but you can trying updating the rendition step

if doesn't work then you need to add a process step which is java code.

Arun Patidar

Employee Advisor

For reference: If you use the latest Core Components and Dynamic Media, a WebP image will be delivered by DM if the browser can handle that. And to make that work you don't need to do anything (but using DM and Core Components).

Level 7

Hi @Jörg_Hoh Thanks for replying.

Do we need to get the Dynamic Media license by paying ?

Employee Advisor

IIRC DynamicMedia requires a dedicated license. But I am not familiar with licensing aspects, sorry.