Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Javax.Inject Dependency Error

Community Advisor

I'm getting this error while installing bundle.

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle common-utility.core [574]: Unable to resolve 574.0: missing requirement [574.0] osgi.wiring.package; (&(osgi.wiring.package=javax.inject)(version>=1.0.0)(!(version>=2.0.0)))
        at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.resolveBundleRevision(Felix.java:4095)

Please help me to resolve this issue.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Following changes worked for me against AEM 6.1 SP2.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

You have dependency issues. See this artilce to learn how to use Maven 10 archetype and proper AEM Urber JAR: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/first_htl_WCMUsePojo.html

In the Parent POM - you need: 

<dependency>
               <groupId>com.adobe.aem</groupId>
               <artifactId>uber-jar</artifactId>
               <version>6.2.0</version>
               <!-- for AEM6.1 use this version     : <version>6.1.0</version> -->
               <!-- for AEM6.1 SP1 use this version : <version>6.1.0-SP1-B0001</version> -->
               <!-- for AEM6.1 SP2 use this version : <version>6.1.0-SP2</version> -->
               <!-- for AEM6.2 use this version     : <version>6.2.0</version> -->
               <classifier>obfuscated-apis</classifier>
               <scope>provided</scope>
           </dependency>

<dependency>
               <groupId>org.apache.geronimo.specs</groupId>
               <artifactId>geronimo-atinject_1.0_spec</artifactId>
               <version>1.0</version>
               <scope>provided</scope>
           </dependency>

In the POM under core - you need: 

<dependency>
            <groupId>com.adobe.aem</groupId>
            <artifactId>uber-jar</artifactId>
            <classifier>obfuscated-apis</classifier>
        </dependency>

<dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.geronimo.specs</groupId>
            <artifactId>geronimo-atinject_1.0_spec</artifactId>
        </dependency>

Hope this helps...

Level 5

Assuming you're using the Maven AEM Project Archetype 10, then you need to add the following line to your "maven-bundle-plugin", under <configuration><instructions>...

<!-- Import any version of javax.inject, to allow running on multiple versions of AEM --> <Import-Package>javax.inject;version=0.0.0,*</Import-Package>

See the commit diff from Issue #59 here: https://github.com/Adobe-Marketing-Cloud/aem-project-archetype/commit/e8239a911fe08029f7e7abfe210f1e...

That should be all you need!

Community Advisor

I'm still getting this error : 

12.11.2016 12:49:43.355 *INFO* [OsgiInstallerImpl] org.apache.sling.installer.core.impl.tasks.BundleStartTask Could not start bundle common-utility.core [579]. Reason: {}. Will retry.
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle common-utility.core [579]: Unable to resolve 579.0: missing requirement [579.0] osgi.wiring.package; (&(osgi.wiring.package=javax.inject)(version>=0.0.0))
        at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.resolveBundleRevision(Felix.java:4095)

Employee

Make sure you remove the 6.0 uber-jar, and have the uber jar as the first dependency.

Example here: https://github.com/heervisscher/htl-examples

Correct answer by
Level 2

Following changes worked for me against AEM 6.1 SP2.