Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Issue with Multifield Image in Touch UI (AEM 6.2)

Level 2

Hello,

I have been facing issue with Image drop down in Touch UI Multi-field in AEM 6.2.

It seems that Image as a component works fine but as soon as I drop the OOTB Image component in any Touch UI Multi-field it stops working. The Multi-field creates a JSON object.

Data is populated in the JSON from Dialog. (See the Screen Shot attached)

JSON object shows weird behavior and at times data of image is not populated.

Dialog is not able to retrieve the value. (See the Screen Shot attached)
We also see JS error in console.

Please suggest if Image in Multi-field is possible in Touch UI

Regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

I would stay away from implement any custom xtypes/touch ui dialog fields like Scott's article mentions.  You'll undoubtedly run into issues during an upgrade.

Personally i would think of how to re-structure the component to where the multifield isn't needed and rather use a component per item.  Lokesh's option is also 100% valid but you'll lose the ability to crop/size the image.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi Puneet,

Drag and drop feature of image when used in multifield has some issues. Instead please use the browse option for image when you are using it in multifield.

Also, please raise a support ticket for this issue so that the product team can take a look at it.

Thanks,

Lokesh

Correct answer by
Level 8

I would stay away from implement any custom xtypes/touch ui dialog fields like Scott's article mentions.  You'll undoubtedly run into issues during an upgrade.

Personally i would think of how to re-structure the component to where the multifield isn't needed and rather use a component per item.  Lokesh's option is also 100% valid but you'll lose the ability to crop/size the image.