Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

issue with DataStore Garbage Collector

Level 4

Hello,

I was running DataStore Garbage Collector on one of my author servers. After a while, author server started to respond very slow. So I stopped garbage collector in between using stopDataStoreGarbageCollection(). After that, none of my pages are coming up on author server. Every page is throwing "ClassNotFoundException".

I went thru this https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/kb/DataStoreGarbageCollection.html It is mentioned here to not to execute stopDataStoreGarbageCollection() in between unless a hotfix (it is mentioned in above document) is installed. This hotfix was a solution for an issue - "Stopping GC can remove of datastore files".

I am wondering if this happened with me. If this is the case, how can I fix the issue now?

Thanks in advance for any help.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

I'd follow the article to see what state your data store is in. You could copy the datastore from your publish instance. The datastore files are immutable and unique, so you could copy them, as any files not used will eventually get garbage collected. However, just follow the article and copy what's needed. 

Regards,

Opkar

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee

Hi,

You should log a support ticket with daycare.

Do you have a very recent backup of the data store u can restore?

I would then run a datastore consistency check[1] to see what state it is in.

Regards,

Opkar

[1] https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/kb/datastore-inconsistency-record-not-found-.html

Level 4

I don't think I have a backup to restore.

I was running datastore garbage collector again to check if it fixes anything. It is still running.

Can I still follow above mentioned document to run data inconsistency check? and have the missing files synced/copied from one of the publishers?

or can I copy full datastore directory from publisher to author?

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

I'd follow the article to see what state your data store is in. You could copy the datastore from your publish instance. The datastore files are immutable and unique, so you could copy them, as any files not used will eventually get garbage collected. However, just follow the article and copy what's needed. 

Regards,

Opkar