Expand my Community achievements bar.

Issue on Launch deletion

Level 8

I have a requirement to delete the launch because launch preventing the page not to move.

When I select the page and checked under the references tab there is no launch associated with the page but when I try to move the page I am getting an error.

Vani1012_1-1668078865483.png

Can anyone help me to remove the launch.

Thanks,
Vani.

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @Vani1012 ,

Some points based on your situation:

• If you are using the actual "admin" user, it's almost impossible that there are any permission-related issues. The concept of the admin-user is fundamental to AEM and in more than a decade of AEM experience I have never seen any authorization issues for the admin user.
  • For the OOTB "administrators" user group and their members things are slightly different, still quite unlikely to have permission issues as described.
  • If a user tries to move published assets the behaviour depends on the users permissions. While a user may have all the required permissions to perform the actual move operation on the author side, he may still be missing permissions to publish and/or un-publish content. If any of the moved elements are published, AEM performs a couple of operations in the background to keep the content in sync between author and publish instances.

Additionally, If you are on 6.5 service pack 11, please check this article [0].

[0]: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-cloud-kcs/kbarticles/KA-18969.html?lang=en

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Santosh

Level 8

There is no launch but to move the page I am getting the above mentioned error.

What might be the cause for it, is the launch not removed or else what?

Community Advisor

@Vani1012 - Looks like issue with the permission, please read my above 2 points.

Level 8

I have admin access, I checked the permissions, I have the permission to move the page and also have permission to delete launch.

Here launches are zero but its preventing moving the page.

Vani1012_0-1668140704024.png