Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Is it feasible to get the data for the Multiple Teaser Components from the Layout Container Component?

Level 1

Hello everyone!

I've received a request from a client, and I'd appreciate it if you could assist me.
Inside the Layoutcontainer Component, I need to insert numerous Teaser components.
I have to sort the Teaser component within it based on some criteria.

I tried a few different approaches to collect the data from numerous Teaser components from the Layout Container Component, but I couldn't get it to work.

Is it feasible to sort the items by hand?

Is it possible to get the data from numerous Teaser components from the Layout Container Component?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @Kaibalya_123 ,

Layout container is nothing but an open parsys, where you can drop any allowed component. If you have to sort/count the number of Teaser component dropped inside a specific layout container, The easiest approach would be overlay the OOTB layout container component and then iterate through the node and keep a count of the teaser component found. Once you have the count and the list, you can modify the component for rendering.

This is with the limited understanding I can get by reading your question.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @Kaibalya_123 ,

Layout container is nothing but an open parsys, where you can drop any allowed component. If you have to sort/count the number of Teaser component dropped inside a specific layout container, The easiest approach would be overlay the OOTB layout container component and then iterate through the node and keep a count of the teaser component found. Once you have the count and the list, you can modify the component for rendering.

This is with the limited understanding I can get by reading your question.