Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events
SOLVED

Installed AEM version 6.5 with SP18, Workbench won't run.

Level 2

I installed AEM server 6.5 with SP18 and Workbench 6.5.  Workbench says, "This version of Workbench is incompatible with AEM - Forms Server.  Any ideas?

CarlWilk_0-1716386816975.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Thanks for the suggestions.  I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling using the Express Mode and all was good.  So very strange.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @CarlWilk,

Your screenshot displays Workbench version as 6.1

You can try the latest AEM 6.5.20.0 Forms Workbench Installer with AEM Forms 6.5.20.0 Add-on package.

Download Link - https://experience.adobe.com/#/downloads/content/software-distribution/en/aem.html

It worked correctly for me.

Please refer to the below links too once - 

Install Workbench

Supported Platforms for AEM Forms on JEE

WorkbenchHelp

Hope this helps!

Rohan Garg

Level 8

@CarlWilk 

AEM Workbench 6.5 is compatible with AEM Forms 6.5, but there may be an issue with the service pack (SP18) you installed. Here are a few potential solutions:
  • Check the compatibility matrix for AEM 6.5 SP18 to ensure Workbench 6.5 is supported with that specific service pack version. Service packs can sometimes introduce compatibility issues.
  • Try uninstalling SP18 from your AEM Forms server and see if Workbench 6.5 works with the base AEM 6.5 version without the service pack. If it does, there may be an incompatibility between Workbench and that specific service pack.
  • Check the Workbench log files for any specific errors that could indicate the root cause of the incompatibility. The logs may provide more details on what is causing the issue.

Here is a documentation about backward compatibility 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-manager-65/content/implementing/deploying/upgr...

Correct answer by
Level 2

Thanks for the suggestions.  I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling using the Express Mode and all was good.  So very strange.

Administrator

@CarlWilk I hope you found the AEM community helpful. We look forward to your return as either a learner or a mentor. The community flourishes with SMEs like you. Please encourage your AEM peers to contribute as well. Happy AEM learning!

Kautuk Sahni