Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

incude dialog items json

Level 7

Hi 

path="/path/to/other/dialog/inputs.infinity.json" xtype="cqinclude"

above was the way in classic ui to include set of nodes

I would like to do "include of items node" from a dialog using sling:resourceType granite include.

I tried including one of the node below "items" (example : /apps/site-core/components/structure/footer/v1/footer/cq:dialog/tab_footer_mission/items/column/items/content/items/headingText and it worked.

but when I tried to include items parent node to include all child nodes from items "/apps/pi-web/components/structure/footer/v1/footer/cq:dialog/tab_footer_mission/items/column/items/content/items" , or ... items.json or items.infinity.json, it does not work.

Thanks for insights on this.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Yes /mnt/override helps in this case- please have a look at core page component here: /apps/core/wcm/components/page/v2/page/cq:dialog/content/items/tabs/items/basic/items/column/items/title 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @sreenu539,

Use 

granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/include

Please refer below link which does have xml structure

https://exadel.com/news/classic-to-touch-ui-migration-for-aem-page-properties/

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Santosh 

Level 7

sreenu539_1-1670957779208.png

I have a component with above structure. I have a supertyped component for above component.(see below)

sreenu539_3-1670957969939.png

I would like to have all item fields that parent component has , also new field "taglineText".

Community Advisor

@sreenu539 Can you try using? - 

granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/include

instead

granite/ui/components/foundation/include

Level 7

that did not work.

below worked though , got a hint from your earlier link about "/mnt/override" (This doing resource merger , displaying all fields from parent include path of parent component and new property 'taglineText' from child component include /mnt/override path

sreenu539_0-1670960140137.png

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Yes /mnt/override helps in this case- please have a look at core page component here: /apps/core/wcm/components/page/v2/page/cq:dialog/content/items/tabs/items/basic/items/column/items/title