Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

# in url not considered in Touch UI author editing mode

Level 6

I have some urls having # in authoring page. The part after # in the URL is not recognized in authoring mode in touch UI and hence the functionality is breaking. Is there any way to recognize # in touch UI. 

Works fine in classic UI

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

Can you confirm how exactly you're trying to use the # ?

Is it as part of a link - and when you're editing the page (with the touch-optimized UI) you cannot navigate to such a link?

If so, then you'll have to switch to Preview mode. Links are not accessible in the Edit mode. See:

and

I hope that helps, if not feel free to contact us again - preferably with an example of your URL and the behaviour you're seeing.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

Can you confirm how exactly you're trying to use the # ?

Is it as part of a link - and when you're editing the page (with the touch-optimized UI) you cannot navigate to such a link?

If so, then you'll have to switch to Preview mode. Links are not accessible in the Edit mode. See:

and

I hope that helps, if not feel free to contact us again - preferably with an example of your URL and the behaviour you're seeing.

Level 6
Seems like touch ui is html5 based. I am able to navigate to URL from links inside the page in preview mode rather than hitting the URL directly

Level 6

I have angular application in AEM. It has # in its url and renders pages based on the url after #.

Employee

Could you please provide some details, in case further people encounter the same kind of issue?

Employee

I have asked the Engineering group that deal with this to have a look. They should respond as soon as possible.

Employee

The issue is now marked as resolved.

Did you figure out the solution or do you need further help?