Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Improving the customer experience: CIOs look beyond business technology to privacy | AEM Community Blog Seeding

Administrator

BlogImage.jpg

Improving the customer experience: CIOs look beyond business technology to privacy by Adobe Blogs

Abstract

In today’s digital-first economy, it’s imperative for privacy and consent to be built into the foundations of marketing programs and underlying business technology. In fact, nine in ten senior marketers nominate it as fundamental to the customer experience, according to Adobe’s 2021 Digital Trends report.

Personalising the customer experience based on customer data ranked as the top opportunity among emerging marketing capabilities, according to the more than 13,000 marketing and technology leaders who participated in the study.

However, the way organisations use customer data is considered a brand differentiator for 40 percent of those firms that have invested significant time and effort in customer experience management.

Only one in five respondents say their organisation is “very effective” at communicating how customer data is collected and used. Just one in two say privacy and consent are key factors in their planning.

“We’re stuck in this dichotomy between ‘know me’ and ‘respect me’,” Adobe Chief Transformation Officer Scott Rigby says. “Customers want you to know them but they want you to respect the data they provide to you.”

Complicating this dynamic is the fact that customer data details are handled by multiple teams in three out of four organisations, according to the report. Typically these include IT and legal, as well as marketing.

Read Full Blog

Improving the customer experience: CIOs look beyond business technology to privacy

Q&A

Please use this thread to ask the related questions.

Kautuk Sahni
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

0 Replies