Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to use created rendition in AEM?

Level 9

I'm aware that the DAM Update workflow will be triggered as soon as any assets are uploaded to AEM. How can we use the created rendition in AEM components? As an example, I would like to use 319x319. How do I use it? When I search for the asset in the content finder, it only displays original images and not all renditions? Do I need to configure anything in order to see all renditions created in the content finder?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

you can't choose the specific renditions or path with fileupload type, you have to switch to pathbrowser/pathfield
example

https://aemlab.blogspot.com/2022/07/aemaacs-authoring-asset-selector-in-dialog.html 

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 9

Thanks for sharing the document, but it does not explain how to use created renditions in AEM components. My question here is, how does the author choose specific rendition ? AEM only displays the original image in content finder, not all renditions created.

For example, I upload an image called Mac and the DAM Update workflow creates default renditions but when I try to search this asset in the content finder, it just shows me only the original image, not showing all created renditions.

Mario248_0-1671687213006.png

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

you can't choose the specific renditions or path with fileupload type, you have to switch to pathbrowser/pathfield
example

https://aemlab.blogspot.com/2022/07/aemaacs-authoring-asset-selector-in-dialog.html 

Arun Patidar

Employee Advisor

The automatically created renditions are normally of no value for an author, because they just show the same image in different dimensions. They are of value for developers because they can be used to choose a matching rendition when it is rendered as part of a page. 

(To make that work you can reconfigure AEM to create also the renditions in the dimensions your styleguide requires. Then you don't have to resize images dynamically, which is hardly a good idea.)

Level 9
Joerg Hoh - Thanks for your response. This helped me to understand the concept. Authors can only use original images, not renditions, so it should be obvious that they cannot use renditions.

Is there a document available for developers explaining how to leverage rendition images? Are there any articles available? I just want to know what are the available APIs for renditions.