Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to trigger a service on only publish later from manage publication in AEM cloud as service.

Level 2

Hello All,

I would like to purge the Akamai cache on Publish later from manage publication.

From manage publication, publish now and publish later are pointing to same workflow. we have overlaid the manage publication, because of this overlay columnpreview scheduled page info is not showing in sites console.

In OOTB workflows are hard coded in columnpreview for scheduled workflows.

how can we trigger a service on scheduled page workflow completes. 

we have preview instance, if we go with event handler unnecessary events will be fired. because our count is very high to publish to preview instance. 

Thanks 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Yes it’s possible by both ways, replication agent and sling job 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

If I understand it correct you want to trigger Akamai flush with page publishing if that correct there is 2 ways that I think as of now is possible 

1) Create a new replication agent that will listen for the page publishing and triggers the Akamai call to do the flush.

2) you can work on sling jobs to achieve this

Level 2

@DPrakashRaj , flush the akamai cache only when the scheduled page publish through manage publication.

In AEM as cloud service.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Yes it’s possible by both ways, replication agent and sling job 

Community Advisor

@Naresh536 

It can be done by creating a sling job. Please find below the URL to create sling job.

https://redquark.org/aem/day-18-sling-jobs/