Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to sort the assets in alphanumeric at content finder?

Level 4

Hi All,

I am trying to customize the content finder, so added new button on the content finder and click on the button it has to show assets in alphanumeric order. i am looking for all the assets from DAM has to sort and display at content finder field.

i have done the customization on the EXTJS side, Sorting happens only on the last recent assets. But looking for all the assets from DAM has to sort.

The default behavior of CQ is loads 20 assets from DAM with the last modified date using GQL Query.

i got a content finder service and try to change the order by from  lost modified into name, but its not working.

Is there any possible to achieve from CQ?

Thanks,

Michael

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

If you are using AEM 6.x, make sure you have the relevant indexes created as oak doesnt index automatically

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 4

edubey wrote...

Hi Michael,

Please take a look @ Content Finder Query Builder : https://adobe-consulting-services.github.io/acs-aem-commons/features/contentfinder-querybuilder.html

Hi Thanks for your reply.

we tried with query-builder. There is a big impact on our performance side. its take much time to load a page. :(

Correct answer by
Level 10

If you are using AEM 6.x, make sure you have the relevant indexes created as oak doesnt index automatically

Level 10

A possible solution would to do not execute this query on every page load rather you can implement your custom scheduler which will probably run every 2 hours or when loads on system is less. The task of scheduler will be store this result at some location from where content finder will pick. It will reduce your query execution as well as page load will not get affected.

Level 4

bsloki wrote...

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. We are using 5.6.1. Its indexing only last modified date.

Level 4

edubey wrote...

A possible solution would to do not execute this query on every page load rather you can implement your custom scheduler which will probably run every 2 hours or when loads on system is less. The task of scheduler will be store this result at some location from where content finder will pick. It will reduce your query execution as well as page load will not get affected.

Hi Thanks for your idea.

as per your approach, whenever dam updated with new assets i can run the scheduler/ workflow to sort the assets and keep it in remote location.

Level 10
Whats the frequency of updation of assets In dam, I mean how often they are deleted and uploaded new one?