Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

How to relocate default installation folder, like logs , conf, binaries?

Level 1

How to relocate default installation folder, like logs , conf, binaries ? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

why would you do this? If you are using quickstart, it's very easy to relocate the complete installation by just moving the directory, which holds the quickstart JAR file and the crx-quickstart folder, plus its subfolders. But IIRC there is no option to move the apps folder or any other folder below crx-quickstart. Of course you can reconfigure the logging to log to files in a different location. But for everything else I haven't seen a good reason to do it yet.

Jörg

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

why would you do this? If you are using quickstart, it's very easy to relocate the complete installation by just moving the directory, which holds the quickstart JAR file and the crx-quickstart folder, plus its subfolders. But IIRC there is no option to move the apps folder or any other folder below crx-quickstart. Of course you can reconfigure the logging to log to files in a different location. But for everything else I haven't seen a good reason to do it yet.

Jörg