Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

How to provide access to child nodes while restricting parent nodes (nodes are not fixed)

Level 2

Hi All,

How to provide  access  to child nodes while restricting parent nodes

//Content Tree

Root

- Parent-1

-- Child-1

--- SubChild -1

--- SubSubChild -1 to N

--- SubChild -2 

--- SubChild -n 

- Parent-2

---

---

- Parent-n

This should work in Touch UI [Sites, Page ]as well as Classic UI [Siteadmin,Page]

• Activate accesss to All Parent (1-n) and SubChild(1-n)  nodes, but restrict Deactivation,Delete,Move

• All permissions to SubSubChild (1-n)

NOTE : nodes are not fixed, 

In my case I cannot set permission to a fixed node (content/SiteB or content/SiteC)
It depends on the template I have to set a permission to a particular group, some cases page might be under (content/parent/child  or content/parent/child1/child2/child3)

Thank you in Advance.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 2

Thank you @Andrew_Khoury 

The link which you provided is for fixed nodes, in my case I cannot set permission to a fixed node (content/SiteB or content/SiteC)

It depends on the template I have to set a permission to a particular group, some cases page might be under (content/parent/child  or content/parent/child1/child2/child3)

Thanks