Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to open aem welcome page once the AEM server is started ?

Level 9

I am curious to know is there way to open aem welcome page once the AEM server is started. Actually this works when we setup the server for very first time, once the jar is fully extracted, the browser opens up the aem welcome page.

Same way, can we configure and setup after every start up, the browser should open up aem welcome oncer it is started ?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@Mario248 If you start using bin/quickstart you will get the welcome page if you use ./start then it will not.

Mayank_Gandhi_0-1654238986757.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@Mario248 If you start using bin/quickstart you will get the welcome page if you use ./start then it will not.

Mayank_Gandhi_0-1654238986757.png

Level 9

Any difference between quickstart and start files? Any idea on which case each should be used ?

Employee Advisor

@Mario248 No difference, you can use any but start.sh or start.bat will start with CLI.

Community Advisor

Hi,

This is only valid for jar.

When you run jar or open AEM using jar then it opens browser because nobrowser flag is not set

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-64/deploying/deploying/custom-standalone-... 

Arun Patidar

Level 9

Arun - Thanks for taking me to doc. it helped (y). I looked at start file but there is no flag for nobrowser but still why the browser is not opening. As per theory if you dont specify, the browser should open when server is started