Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.
SOLVED

How to make custom editable template type available for another folder or globally

Level 6

I created a custom editable template type following this structure:

/conf/myproject/settings/wcm/templates-type/basetype, I can see the basetype under the myproject folder when creating the template.

Now I create another folder under the Configuration Browser and enable the editable template, I only see three default templates from adobe: Core Component Page, HTML5 Page and Adaptive Form Template.

What and where do I have to change to make my basetype template available under the another folder?

Per documentation, I should put my basetype template under the /apps/settings/wcm/template-type which where Core Component Page is, but since HTML5 Page is not under the /apps/, just wonder what magic to make HTML 5 page template type available for another folder (globally)?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

The HTML5 template is a "foundation" template in /libs/settings/wcm/template-types. For obvious reasons, you should not try and modify this location, rather use what documentation recommends for a global template under /apps/settings/wcm/template-types

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee

The HTML5 template is a "foundation" template in /libs/settings/wcm/template-types. For obvious reasons, you should not try and modify this location, rather use what documentation recommends for a global template under /apps/settings/wcm/template-types