Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to make aem dam collections private so that it should not be visible to other users

Level 2

I have two users test1 & test2 (like wise i have so many users and collections) who have collections in dam on name test1 & test2 now both the users test1 is able to view test2 collection and similarly test2 also can view test1 collection which is not expected and it should be private . Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

In user admin in user1 permissions tab if we disable permission of viewing user2 collections, then the it will be not visible for user1 and same thing applies for user2.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Isn't is possible for you to create 2 separate groups with different level of permission for collection 1 and collection2 respectively so users belongs to group1 can only see collection 1 assets and same goes for collection 2?

Employee Advisor

Hello,

Here is general information regarding collections:

1. User should be part of dam-users group in order to create collections.

2. To enable the members to share collections with other users, provide the dam-users group read permissions at the path home/users.

3. From the collection settings, you can assign the user and define a role -> editor, viewer, and owner for that collection.

If you haven't added any member, no one can see the collections that you have created.

test this:

• create 2 users 0-> user1 and user2
  • Login with user1 and user2
  • Create collections as "user1" and "user2" with no public option selected.
  • user1 can't see user2 collection and vice-versa.

Regards,

Vishu

Correct answer by
Level 2

In user admin in user1 permissions tab if we disable permission of viewing user2 collections, then the it will be not visible for user1 and same thing applies for user2.