Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How to know which user runned the workflow

Level 8

Hi,

I have a page and it got published through publish to all sites workflow one month back, I need to identify which user initiated that workflow on that page

Can anyone help

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

1) simplest way is to look for published by value from aem sites. navigate to particular page via localhost:4502/sites.html/content/ , select the page for which you want to see who has published, the detail will be available on right panel.

2) if you have access to crx/de check for cq:lastReplicatedBy inside jcr:content node.

3) for the workflow, check on the workflow console. if its published the workflow should be inside the archive section if you are not purging the completed workflow

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Community Advisor

@Vani1012 Navigate to Workflow console (<ip>:libs/cq/workflow/content/console.html)

1. Check the Instance tab to see if the workflow is still active.
  2. Check the Archive tab to see if the workflow has been completed.

You will be able to determine who started the workflow for the specific page, as well as the timestamp.

Regards,

Raja

Level 8

I checked actually workflow triggered one month back so I dont see the workflow under archieve as well on instance tab.

I checked under the timeline of page I didnt see the page version of one month back.

Is there any other way to check.

Community Advisor

@Vani1012 Have you tried the more option and filter option on timelines?

Manu_Mathew__0-1677602329122.png

Level 8

Yes I tried more option in timeline but it's not showing the last month versions 

Filter option no idea can you tell how to use in my particular scenario

Community Advisor

@Vani1012 I was talking about the circled area, just to filter out only workflow-related timeline info. for the page in case there is a lost list of activities for the page-

Manu_Mathew__0-1677652642078.png

Community Advisor

@Vani1012 

You can navigate to below path and check the running workflows under Instances tab, if its completed it will be under archive.

http://localhost:4502/libs/cq/workflow/content/console.html

SivakumarKanoori_0-1677595385867.png

Thanks,
Siva

Employee Advisor

There are many ways to do that but simplest way I think should be to check page timeline. Other ways could be checking workflow console/ history/ logs.

Community Advisor

hello @Vani1012 

Option-1: Replication metadata should be available on Page itself

Option-2: Info might be available in audit logs under /var/audit/com.day.cq.wcm.core.page for replication related events?

Many customers do not purge audit logs, but purge workflows more frequently.

Option-3: As others have also suggested is Workflow Archive.

Aanchal Sikka

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

1) simplest way is to look for published by value from aem sites. navigate to particular page via localhost:4502/sites.html/content/ , select the page for which you want to see who has published, the detail will be available on right panel.

2) if you have access to crx/de check for cq:lastReplicatedBy inside jcr:content node.

3) for the workflow, check on the workflow console. if its published the workflow should be inside the archive section if you are not purging the completed workflow