Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.
SOLVED

How to implement a "Tips&Trick" page using AEM6.2 Communities

Level 1

Hello, 

I would like to know how to implement a "Tips&Tricks" page with Adobe AEM6.2 Communities.  Basically, I need a page where clients can enter Tips  and  Tricks about limiting their energy consumption at home and so save money. Obviously there is also the social aspect of replying to the tips with comments, express their liking putting a "like" to the tip or sharing the tip on social networks.  
Customers who inserting comments and actively participates in the communities earn points. The customer who achieved a predetermined threshold of points, gets awarded with a Badge(distinctive), somewhat like tripadvisor. (the usual Scoring&Badging mechanism)

As far as I know the Communities module provides several SCF like Forum, Blog, Calendar, Q&A , but not specifically the tips&tricks, i guess it is possible to start from of those and easily customize it.  I would like to know the easier way to implement a Tips&Tricks page by using the AEM Community module. 

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi,

You might want to search through this forum for similar questions.

Two places to get you started :

AEM SCF Sample Components Extension - creates an "ideas" component

This AEM developer session, Aug 13, 2014, may be of help:

Social Component Framework in AEM 6

"The Social Component Framework (SCF) is available as a featurepack for CQ 5.6.1 and shipped with AEM 6.0.   SCF provides a way to build web and mobile applications that use a hybrid of server rendering to allow search engine optimization of content along with client rendering to avoid page refreshes and provide rich in-page experiences. The same template is used for both client and server rendering, providing assurance that the experience is consistent independent of which rendering is used. Well-defined endpoints allow effective caching of pages, templates and json data, and provide clear extensibility patterns for customers to insert their own client and server logic. This session will cover how to use and extend SCF, and provide information on the documentation and cookbooks available. "

- JK

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi,

You might want to search through this forum for similar questions.

Two places to get you started :

AEM SCF Sample Components Extension - creates an "ideas" component

This AEM developer session, Aug 13, 2014, may be of help:

Social Component Framework in AEM 6

"The Social Component Framework (SCF) is available as a featurepack for CQ 5.6.1 and shipped with AEM 6.0.   SCF provides a way to build web and mobile applications that use a hybrid of server rendering to allow search engine optimization of content along with client rendering to avoid page refreshes and provide rich in-page experiences. The same template is used for both client and server rendering, providing assurance that the experience is consistent independent of which rendering is used. Well-defined endpoints allow effective caching of pages, templates and json data, and provide clear extensibility patterns for customers to insert their own client and server logic. This session will cover how to use and extend SCF, and provide information on the documentation and cookbooks available. "

- JK