Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How to extract content to Word Document

Level 1

I am taking over the work of a former employee in a project for the creation of a new website for our company. 

The previous employee have worked on many pages, but all these pages will now be going into a revision process for the content.  Is there a way I can extract the content of all those pages and export to a Word document (without deleting the actual page or content, of course).  This will help us knowing what's the content on each pages and we can use the Word document to get people's comments for the revision.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Rem_Toronto 

You can export all the pages outside AEM to HTML format using page exporter component. Please refer the below article from Adobe which shows how to export html from AEM Pages.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/administering/contentmanagement/page-e...

Then you can export these html into word document using below steps:

1. From the Insert tab, Text section, choose Object
  2. Then choose Text From File
  3. Use the file type selector in the Insert File dialog box, choose All Web Pages to locate the HTML file
  4. A Convert File box will be displayed, choose Other encoding,
  5. click OK
  6. The content will be imported into the current document

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Rajashankar.R

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Rem_Toronto 

You can export all the pages outside AEM to HTML format using page exporter component. Please refer the below article from Adobe which shows how to export html from AEM Pages.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/administering/contentmanagement/page-e...

Then you can export these html into word document using below steps:

1. From the Insert tab, Text section, choose Object
  2. Then choose Text From File
  3. Use the file type selector in the Insert File dialog box, choose All Web Pages to locate the HTML file
  4. A Convert File box will be displayed, choose Other encoding,
  5. click OK
  6. The content will be imported into the current document

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Rajashankar.R

Employee Advisor

That workflow sounds pretty akward, in Germany we have that nice word "Medienbruch" and I don't find a good translation for it: It actually means that you transport content from one medium (website) into a different one (Word), and back (collect the feedback in the word documents and re-apply them to the websites).

Why can't you use the "comment" features in AEM and let the people provide the feedback inline (or even let them do the changes directly there; you don't need to provide them replication permission to make these changes visible)?

Level 1

Hi.  Your suggestion makes sense if everyone has access to AME.  I know about the comment feature in AEM.  The fact is that we are going to make major changes to the content of our website and many stakeholders (who will be reviewing the content) do not have an account in AEM.  So I need to find a way to extract the content from our webpages (in any editable format that you may suggest) and make it available for revision and approvals

Employee Advisor

You can either implement such an import/export approach and teach people how to work with the generated word documents, or you can get them access to AEM and teach how to use the features of AEM. 

I think that my personal recommendation is quite clear, and favoring the AEM approach