Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

How to enable GZip compression in AEM

Level 5

Hi,

I have enabled Gzip compression in "Adobe Granite HTML Library Manager", still siteimprove flags GZip compression for the site.

Is there anything I have to do.

5 Replies

Level 5

I have done OSGI configuration part, enabled Gzip at "Adobe Granite HTML Library Manager" but did not do anything in dispatcher.

It is not clear in the link you mentioned. could you please make it clear little more detail?

BTW I am using AEM as a cloud service .

Thanks

Employee Advisor

The gzip compression for the clientlibraryManager is limited in usefulness. The majority of your content should be delivered from the dispatcher instances (that means: from the dispatcher cache). You should configure mod_deflate there to enable the transport compression.

Level 5

from clientlibManager js and css gets compressed what about others? I think dispatcher will cache these compreesed files only.

Also, could you please explain in details on how to configure mod_deflate in dispatcher.

I am using adobe as a cloud service.

Thanks

Community Advisor

lets say , gzip header is lost when the page is served from either dispatcher or akamai (any CDN) then it may not work.

Just by enabling in AEM it may or may not work.

Ensure that the response header sent from the top most layer in your stack is adding gzip header