Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to do configurations for Sticky session in Dispatcher and in Load balancer

Community Advisor

Hi Team,

We have situation like we need to maintain sticky session for some of the content and we have like 2 publishers and 2 dispatchers  and its not 1:1 connection.

Trying to configure sticky session in loadbalancer and in dispatcher , to do that I need some clarity . what are the configurations need to be added in LB and in Dispatchers ? Do we need to do only in LB or Do we need to do in both the places LB and in Dispatchers?

would be possible for someone to provide that information .

Please consider it as a Urgent.

Thanks in Advance

Uma

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I would go for 1:1, please see Connecting dispatchers and publishers | Things on a content management system

because then sticky sessions are much easier to implement on loadbalancer. (you only need to configure it at 1 location).  Otherwise check [1] how to implement sticky sessions for a certain area in the repo.

Jörg

[1] Configuring Dispatcher

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I would go for 1:1, please see Connecting dispatchers and publishers | Things on a content management system

because then sticky sessions are much easier to implement on loadbalancer. (you only need to configure it at 1 location).  Otherwise check [1] how to implement sticky sessions for a certain area in the repo.

Jörg

[1] Configuring Dispatcher

Employee Advisor

(and btw: urgent requests should go to Daycare support, getting support here in the forums is always best effort.)