Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to create and use an empty template using aem templates tool

Level 4

Hi,

I wonder I find tutorials online to create the aem templates using CRXDE Lite only. There is an inbuilt tool called templates in AEM. Is there any way to create a blank page template so that I can add components and use it in creating a new website? Is there any tutorial available for the same? I am testing the AEM platform for my company usecase and expect a quick reply for this questions.

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

To create a new site using editable templates (the recommended way to build sites in AEM 6.4/6.3) - see these resources:

1 - Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating an Adobe Experience Manager 6.4 website using Editable Temp... (this is a small quick start example with a package)

2 - Getting Started with AEM Sites - WKND Tutorial (This is a full blown 6 part AEM tutorial)

3 - a Guided Journey here on Editable Templates -- Scott's Digital Community: Guided Journey for Experience Manager on Editable Templates

These resources will get you up and running with how to use editable templates to build an AEM site.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

To create a new site using editable templates (the recommended way to build sites in AEM 6.4/6.3) - see these resources:

1 - Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating an Adobe Experience Manager 6.4 website using Editable Temp... (this is a small quick start example with a package)

2 - Getting Started with AEM Sites - WKND Tutorial (This is a full blown 6 part AEM tutorial)

3 - a Guided Journey here on Editable Templates -- Scott's Digital Community: Guided Journey for Experience Manager on Editable Templates

These resources will get you up and running with how to use editable templates to build an AEM site.