Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to create and assign Badges to forum or resources in AEM 6.2

Level 1

Hi All,

I am trying out the creation and assignment of Badges to Forums and Resources in AEM communities 6.2. As the things have changes for communities in this version. I am facing difficultly doing this. Can anyone help with this.

Thanks

Afshan

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

First,  you've created a community site using the site creation wizard, right? (Though, while helpful, it could be a forum on any AEM site.)

Second, what is your experience level with AEM platform in general?

Enablement resources are not yet included.  You can contact your account representative to get more specific assistance.

I'm assuming you're working from this doc page : Communities Scoring and Badges

The first two sections are the Overview and describing the types of Badges.

The next section is of most interest: Enable Scoring :

There are scoring and badging rules that exist OOTB, you can use those.

Then you need to apply them to your community site

And then you also need to enable badging for the forum component on your site.

If this is too confusing or unclear, could you please let me know why?

- JK

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 9

Yes, I can help.  Let's focus on forums first.  

I have to go check if enablement resources are included yet.

- JK

Level 1

Hi JK,

Please, tell me how to should I proceed with badges with forums. I do need to do it for both learning resources and forums but I can start with forums. 

Regards,

Afshan 

Correct answer by
Level 9

First,  you've created a community site using the site creation wizard, right? (Though, while helpful, it could be a forum on any AEM site.)

Second, what is your experience level with AEM platform in general?

Enablement resources are not yet included.  You can contact your account representative to get more specific assistance.

I'm assuming you're working from this doc page : Communities Scoring and Badges

The first two sections are the Overview and describing the types of Badges.

The next section is of most interest: Enable Scoring :

There are scoring and badging rules that exist OOTB, you can use those.

Then you need to apply them to your community site

And then you also need to enable badging for the forum component on your site.

If this is too confusing or unclear, could you please let me know why?

- JK

Level 1

Hi JK,

Thanks for the details. I have around 4 years of experience in AEM. 

I have created the communities site. I went through the docs that you have mentioned in the post. I had referred to them earlier. I went with assigning the badge with curl command and some how it was not reflecting as per expectations. Then I was trying out Awarding the badge with using the rules and enabling scoring. I might have done something wrong which resulted in it not showing. Let me try this again. If I am stuck at any point I will post the question to you.

Regards,

Afshan 

Level 9

Hi Afshan,

There is some internal logic which handles assigned and awarded badges differently.

In the hbs script of the component, you'll see some of that logic.  Assigned badges will display as text, while awarded badges display as an icon.

This is still in the early stages.  The next major release will include more improvements.  An UI is in the works as well.

For enablement resources, the comments and ratings features will work the same as in forums, but there is not yet the concept of rewarding learners for their course work.

- JK

Level 1

Hi JK,

Thanks a lot for your help. 

Regards,

Afshan Nazneen K