Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How to create a Rollout Configuration in AEM 6.4?

Level 1

Hi guys,

I heard that in 6.4 location for rollout configurations was moved from /etc/msm/rolloutConfigs to /libs/msm/wcm/rolloutconfigs. But how should I create a new rollout configuration now? Based on information on this page Extending the Multi Site Manager​ I should do the following:

1. Open the Tools console in the classic UI; for example, http://localhost:4502/miscadmin#/etc
  2. In the folder tree, select the Tools, MSM, Rollout Configurations folder.

The problem is that there is no such folder in 6.4. What should I do? Am I supposed to create new Rollout configurations using CRX DE?

Thank you in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

I can't see any details about node restructuring for msm Adobe Experience Manager Help | Common Repository Restructuring in AEM 6.4

If you'll create node structure for rollout i.e. /etc/msm/rolloutconfigs node from CRXDE, then you'll be able to create custom rollout config from Tools.

Thanks

Arun

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 10

I'll move this question to our Adobe Experience Manager​ community.

Employee

All folders you see in /misadmin are under /etc so you can just navigate to msm/rolloutconfigs and create your own configs

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

I can't see any details about node restructuring for msm Adobe Experience Manager Help | Common Repository Restructuring in AEM 6.4

If you'll create node structure for rollout i.e. /etc/msm/rolloutconfigs node from CRXDE, then you'll be able to create custom rollout config from Tools.

Thanks

Arun

Arun Patidar

Level 1

Hi Arun,

Thanks for your answer.

It is here: Adobe Experience Manager Help | Sites Repository Restructuring in AEM 6.4

It is inside prior to 6.5 Upgrade section, so we can create configurations in old location and then move them to the new one. I'm just upset, that I can't create them under the new node in 6.4 in /miscadmin or whatever. Default rollout configurations have been already moved to the new location in 6.4.

Yes, I was able to do it that way in 6.4, thanks. I'll mark this question as answered.

Level 1

hello guys,

I have exactly the same problem in AEM 6.4 and AEM documentation is not up to date for new location of rollout configs(/libs/msm/wcm/rolloutconfigs).

even if I force and create my rollout config from CRXDE it doesn't appear in the rollout config drop list.

in the oder hand when I create it in /libs/msm/wcm/rolloutconfigs (/libs/msm/wcm/rolloutconfigs/myrolloutconfig) it apprears in the dropdown. BUT as soon as I add a custom LiveAction

(/libs/msm/wcm/rolloutconfigs/myrolloutconfig/myLiveAction) the roullout line disapear from the dropdown list.

Please share your experiense If you have already gone throw this issue

Level 1

is any one succeeded the implement custom rollout configuration with the new location /libs/msm/rolloutconfigs

Level 1

hello,

it didn't work for me. did you keep rolloutconfigs type as cq:page??