Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How to configure SMTP server in AEM 5.6

Level 1

How can we configure our own SMTP server in CQ5 for sending notification of activation of pages

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

You can start begin with local testing by following [1]. Once you know locally works have call with your sysadmin to make sure right values are configured with actual smtp server.

[1]    http://experiencedelivers.adobe.com/cemblog/en/experiencedelivers/2012/07/unit_testing_theemailnotif...

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 2

Hi Yoshita,

You can follow the instructions below to configure SMTP server in AEM 5.6. To know more, you can also visit Configuring Email Notification.

CONFIGURING THE MAIL SERVICE

For CQ to be able to send emails, the Day CQ Mail Service needs to be properly configured. You can view the configuration in the Web console. When working with AEM there are several methods of managing the configuration settings for such services; see Configuring OSGi for more details and the recommended practices.

The following constraints apply:

• The SMTP server port must be 25 or higher.
  • The SMTP server host name must not be blank.
  • The "From" address must not be blank.

To help you debug an issue with the Day CQ Mail Service, you can watch the logs of the service:

com.day.cq.mailer.DefaultMailService

The configuration looks as follows in the Web console:

file

Please let us know if this helps.

Correct answer by
Level 10

You can start begin with local testing by following [1]. Once you know locally works have call with your sysadmin to make sure right values are configured with actual smtp server.

[1]    http://experiencedelivers.adobe.com/cemblog/en/experiencedelivers/2012/07/unit_testing_theemailnotif...

Level 1

Thanks Gaurav,

I have tried this but it doesnt seems to work, may be I have done something wrong , I will check again.

Level 8

Did you configure the workflow email notification service? Is there a related message in the log when you try it?

scott