Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to compare authoring changes made in a Page in Workflow?

Level 4

HI Team,

I have two user groups - Authors and Approvers. When authors author the content (say changing an image, changing the text of a component etc) and publishes, a workflow will be started and it goes to Approvers group. Is there a way for Approvers to visually see the changes made by Authors in that page? A side by side comparison view of the page (Something like versions comparison).

Workflow payload only tells you which page the changes were made.

Thanks,

Rakesh

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @rakesh_h2 

One solution might be to create a version as the first step of the workflow and provide a label thats easy to recognize.

The approver would need to compare the current version against the last reviewed version or may be last published version. Both we should be able to identify by labels.

That way, they should be able to compare and find the differences,

Aanchal Sikka

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @rakesh_h2  - 

AEM provides a "Compare Versions" feature that allows you to visually compare two versions of a page or component. With this feature, Approvers can see the specific changes made by Authors, including modified text, added or removed components, and updated images via Versions Console

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @rakesh_h2 

One solution might be to create a version as the first step of the workflow and provide a label thats easy to recognize.

The approver would need to compare the current version against the last reviewed version or may be last published version. Both we should be able to identify by labels.

That way, they should be able to compare and find the differences,

Aanchal Sikka

Level 4

Hi @aanchal-sikka ,

I have tried out the same way. But I only see these options in the console. How does the approver choose the version he wants to compare the current with.?

rakesh_h2_0-1687605564500.png

When I choose 'Compare to current', I see the changes made in both versions, because the approver's page in console has the changes made by the Authors.

Community Advisor

Hello @rakesh_h2 

To choose a specific version, we just need to select that version and choose  "Compare to current". This will compare current working copy against that specific version

aanchalsikka_0-1687610101413.png

Aanchal Sikka

Level 4

Hi @aanchal-sikka,

In my case, I have added a version step as the first step before the Participant and a version has been created. When I choose compare to current, I see the changes both in the current and the version as well.

Community Advisor

Hello @rakesh_h2 

That is the expected behaviour. 

Because what you want to compare is changes after the last approved version.

So, iwhen something comes for approval, compare against last approved version if any And then create a Version, once its approved.

So, we need to move versioning after approval step

Aanchal Sikka