Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to close the gap between CRXDE and the code base

Level 2

Hi AEM Community,

I'm working on a page in AEM in its editor mode and the components on that page are not functioning. The error says that 

File "/apps/<projectName>/foundation/global.jsp" not found

But I can see this folder in the code base within my IDE (IntelliJ and VSCode, screenshot below from VSCode though)
Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 3.51.18 PM.png
and I tried to use VSCode AEM Sync to export the entire /foundation folder as well as its two child files into my local AEM instance (6.5.0).
Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 4.05.06 PM.png
However, despite the "success" message from the sync effort I still don't see global.jsp show up where it should be in CRXDE.
As a matter of fact, even though I see the foundation folder showing up in CRXDE now, it's empty!! The actual two .jsp files were not really pushed into AEM.

Specifically, I would like to hear any experience of yours troubleshooting a similar issue; or, maybe what's even more important, in general, how to close the gap between CRXDE and my local code base?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @infiniteshi ,

Kindly Check whether your using the extension i had showed in below screen shot and also make sure it as necessary access rights configured,In my case it was using default admin access.

Rajashankar_1-1638313856052.png

It works fine for me see below references

Rajashankar_2-1638313908431.png

Rajashankar_3-1638313922042.pngRajashankar_4-1638313967937.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @infiniteshi ,

Kindly Check whether your using the extension i had showed in below screen shot and also make sure it as necessary access rights configured,In my case it was using default admin access.

Rajashankar_1-1638313856052.png

It works fine for me see below references

Rajashankar_2-1638313908431.png

Rajashankar_3-1638313922042.pngRajashankar_4-1638313967937.png

Community Advisor

@infiniteshi You can follow below videos where you can find step by step details on how to sync code between AEM & Intellij/Visual studio/Eclipse. I always follow this doc and works for me  

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-learn/foundation/development/set-up-a-loc... 

Time stamps: 

SivaPrasadReddyS_0-1638354096943.png

for Intellij Repo setup: https://github.com/Adobe-Marketing-Cloud/tools/tree/master/repo#installation 

Once you setup Repo, then you can easily sync content between. 

Hope this docs help you.