Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How is DAM Assets multi-language handled?

Level 6

Our organization has 3 languages, en-gb, es-ar, fr-fr.

We typically use en-gb DAM asset's, populated with the metadescriptions, and display the "img alt tags" using sightly. How can we actually get a translated version of the DAM Asset?

Let's work with /content/dam/my-site/en/about.jpg

How can I get this DAM Asset to be multi-lingual.... all the metadata for this image is english. We need to translate it to spanish and french.

would I create 2 duplicated assets in the dam?
/content/dam/my-site/fr-fr/about.jpg

/content/dam/my-site/es-ar/about.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi @AEMWizard 

Yes, you need to maintain asset per locale and provide metadata in respective language for asset. If you are already using AEM integrator translator provider for AEM content, you can create translation project for asset metadata as well otherwise need to maintain asset metadata manually.

Please refer - Multilingual Assets | Adobe Experience Manager

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi @AEMWizard 

Yes, you need to maintain asset per locale and provide metadata in respective language for asset. If you are already using AEM integrator translator provider for AEM content, you can create translation project for asset metadata as well otherwise need to maintain asset metadata manually.

Please refer - Multilingual Assets | Adobe Experience Manager

Hope this helps