Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

How do I view installed AEM 6.2 documentation?

Level 2

Hello.  I have a need to view the AEM 6.2 documentation for an older installation we have, so I found this site which describes how to download and install the docs:  https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-release-information/aem-release-updates/p...

However once I have them installed in a local version of AEM 6.5 I can't figure out the url to actually access them.  The closest I can figure is something like http://localhost:4502/libs/aem-docs/content/en/experience-manager/6-2/  but nothing I tried in regards to an *.html or or *.jsp file seems to work.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ray

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @RayHundley 

Welcome to Adobe Community !!
I faced this same issue about 2 weeks ago.

As a workaround or a possible fix, I found, you need to install that AEM 6.2 documentation package on an AEM 6.2 author.

Note : There might be some dependencies issues, due to which AEM 6.5 Author is not able to render those .html and .jsp pages (created , when you install AEM 6.3, AEM 6.2 or AEM 6.1 documentation package)

Also, installing that documentation package will create "aem-docs" folder under "libs" folder and when you access them via CRDXE (double clicking), it should open a new browser tab or window and then you should be able to view them.

Thanks,

Vikram Gaur

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @RayHundley 

below URL should work, you should get homepage wrt 6.2 version. 

localhost:4502/libs/aem-docs/content/en/experience-manager/6-2.html

Keep an eye on error.log, you should be able see errors in case of failure. 

Level 2

Hello @Nitin_laad,

Thank you for the URL.  However trying it just returns a blank page in the browser. Checked the error.log file,  no activity. Very strange.  Anything else I can check?

Thanks again,

Ray

Level 2

Hello,

Yes, I can see all those paths in crx/de, but when I click on them or try any of the URL's you provided I just get blank screen:

Screenshot 2022-02-04 134535.jpg

Perhaps the package wasn't installed correctly?  Though everything seems to indicate that it was....

Thanks,

Ray

Community Advisor

Hey @RayHundley 

check system/console/bundles whether 6.2 documentaion related bundle is in active status, 

see below thread, you might get some hint in below thread

Solved: WKND tutorial - loading blank page - Adobe Experience League Community - 385680

Level 2

Hello @Nitin_laad 

I tried the fix concerning modifying the sling.properties file.  No change, still a blank page.

Can't seem to find this package in system/console/bundles.  Can only see it in the crx/packmgr page:

Screenshot 2022-02-04 142745.jpg

Thanks,

Ray

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @RayHundley 

Welcome to Adobe Community !!
I faced this same issue about 2 weeks ago.

As a workaround or a possible fix, I found, you need to install that AEM 6.2 documentation package on an AEM 6.2 author.

Note : There might be some dependencies issues, due to which AEM 6.5 Author is not able to render those .html and .jsp pages (created , when you install AEM 6.3, AEM 6.2 or AEM 6.1 documentation package)

Also, installing that documentation package will create "aem-docs" folder under "libs" folder and when you access them via CRDXE (double clicking), it should open a new browser tab or window and then you should be able to view them.

Thanks,

Vikram Gaur

Level 2

Thanks @Vikram_Gaur_ !  I installed the docs package in our older 6.2 installation and it works just fine. 

Thanks again,

Ray