Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Experience Manager Champion Program are open!
SOLVED

How do I stop author instance without affecting my publishers?

Level 8

From experience, I have no issue stopping the author instance on its own as long as there's no reverse replication agent running on the publisher.

Is this correct?

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@jayv25585659 :

If there is no reverse replication agent , 

Author server is the individual which is having replication agents to send the content to Publishers upon activation. 

So if you stop author server there will be no impact to the live site.

Thanks 

Siva

Thanks,
Siva

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi Jay,

Most importantly if Content Authors/other users are using the environment, warn them of possible down time. So, that no user of author instance is disappointment with the downtime. Possibly prepare a downtime message on Dispatcher to warn users.

You need to examine any comms that happen from Publisher to Author and from Author to Publisher.

Prepare correct steps to establish that there's no data loss with OOTB or customer data. Possible other steps that may be required due to customer changes made. Verify if this setup has stand by author.

Once all comms are paused, schedulers, workflows that may be affected are paused as well,

You can turn off/restart your Author instance.

Regards,

Peter

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@jayv25585659 :

If there is no reverse replication agent , 

Author server is the individual which is having replication agents to send the content to Publishers upon activation. 

So if you stop author server there will be no impact to the live site.

Thanks 

Siva

Thanks,
Siva