Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How do I access an asset collection while authoring a page

Level 1

If I've created a collection of assets that I need for our corporate pages, how do I choose assets from that collection while I'm authoring pages in AEM? I only seem to be able to drag/drop from the usual tree structure and can't tap into my collections. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @denise-wright ,

You are right, Asset Finder while authoring a page doesn't let you browse the collections.

The Collections are used for sharing a set of assets for users. The main advantage with Collections is that, assets from different hierarchy/folder/tree can be grouped together and shared, but can't be used as a group for filtering in asset finder - AFAIK

Thanks !

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @denise-wright ,

You are right, Asset Finder while authoring a page doesn't let you browse the collections.

The Collections are used for sharing a set of assets for users. The main advantage with Collections is that, assets from different hierarchy/folder/tree can be grouped together and shared, but can't be used as a group for filtering in asset finder - AFAIK

Thanks !

Community Advisor

Following https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/assets/managing/manage-collections.htm... we can see that collection (static or smart) can be used for sharing purposes and is more of a reference to given assets with certain permissions to allotted users. Unable to view the assets in collections available to be used for drag and drop in the Assets viewer on the left side panel

A collection is a set of assets within Adobe Experience Manager Assets. Use collections to share assets between users. The set can be static collection or a dynamic collection that is based on search results.

Unlike folders, a collection can include assets from different locations. You can share collections with various users that are assigned different levels of privileges, including viewing, editing, and so on.

You can share multiple collections with a user. Each collection contains references to assets. The referential integrity of assets is maintained across collections.

Collections are of the following types, based on the way they collate assets:

• A collection that contains a static reference list of assets, folders, and other collections.

• A smart collection that dynamically includes assets based on a search criteria.

For utilizing selective assets for authoring, suggesting to use Organizing and tagging for assets. With tagging the tagging filter can be used to get the list of images associated with that tag. You could explore leveraging Smart Tags as well