Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How Can I Efficiently Fetch and Manage Data from AEM Using React Query?

Level 2

I've been exploring ways to fetch and manage data from AEM (Adobe Experience Manager) in my React JS application, and I've come across two hooks: useQuery and useQueries. I understand that useQuery is for single queries, and useQueries is for multiple queries, but I'd like more insights into their usage and best practices. Can someone provide a detailed explanation or example of how to use these? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

hi @AEM_rookie  

useQuery 

• useQuery is used to fetch and manage data for a single query.
  • It takes a single query key as its primary argument and an optional configuration object.
  • You use useQuery when you want to fetch data for a specific resource or endpoint.
  • It automatically manages caching, fetching, and re-fetching based on your configuration settings.

useQueries:

• useQueries is used to fetch multiple queries simultaneously.
  • It takes an array of query objects as its primary argument. Each query object includes a query key and a fetching function.
  • You use useQueries when you need to fetch data for multiple resources or endpoints in parallel.
  • It returns an array of query result objects, each containing data, loading status, and errors for the corresponding query.

please check this blog  https://aemsimplifiedbynikhil.wordpress.com/tag/aem6-5/

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 4

hi @AEM_rookie  

useQuery 

• useQuery is used to fetch and manage data for a single query.
  • It takes a single query key as its primary argument and an optional configuration object.
  • You use useQuery when you want to fetch data for a specific resource or endpoint.
  • It automatically manages caching, fetching, and re-fetching based on your configuration settings.

useQueries:

• useQueries is used to fetch multiple queries simultaneously.
  • It takes an array of query objects as its primary argument. Each query object includes a query key and a fetching function.
  • You use useQueries when you need to fetch data for multiple resources or endpoints in parallel.
  • It returns an array of query result objects, each containing data, loading status, and errors for the corresponding query.

please check this blog  https://aemsimplifiedbynikhil.wordpress.com/tag/aem6-5/