Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events
SOLVED

How can I best export and use Content Fragments (CF) and Experience Fragments (XF) for my SPA app in a headless setup? Are there differences in exposing and consuming them? Share your best practices, please!

Level 2

I'm looking to understand the best practices for exporting and consuming Content Fragments (CF) and Experience Fragments (XF) in a headless fashion for use by SPA (Single Page Application) apps.

1. What are the key differences, if any, in exposing CFs and XFs in a headless manner?
  2. Can you share any insights or best practices for keeping CFs and XFs up-to-date and synchronized with external applications?
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

Hi @AEM_rookie 

Please find the key differences in CF and XF exports

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-learn/sites/content-fragments/understand-...

• AEM Experience Fragment component for use in AEM Sites, AEM Screens or other Experience Fragments.
  • Export as Plain HTML for use by 3rd party systems
  • HTML export to Adobe Target for targeted offers
  • JSON export to Adobe Target for targeted offer

Both CF and XF's can be set with appropriate TTL's either at the dispatcher level or on the CDN level. This will help in keeping them up to date. Content like FAQ's which often doesn't get change and can be used across multiple channels can be a CF with a higher TTL and max age as per the requirements so as soon as the expiration time is reached new content can be fetched from AEM the origin server and served.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 8

Hi @AEM_rookie 

Please find the key differences in CF and XF exports

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-learn/sites/content-fragments/understand-...

• AEM Experience Fragment component for use in AEM Sites, AEM Screens or other Experience Fragments.
  • Export as Plain HTML for use by 3rd party systems
  • HTML export to Adobe Target for targeted offers
  • JSON export to Adobe Target for targeted offer

Both CF and XF's can be set with appropriate TTL's either at the dispatcher level or on the CDN level. This will help in keeping them up to date. Content like FAQ's which often doesn't get change and can be used across multiple channels can be a CF with a higher TTL and max age as per the requirements so as soon as the expiration time is reached new content can be fetched from AEM the origin server and served.